There’s nothing like a breath of fresh air, but sometimes, that fresh air isn’t actually all that good for our body. If you have allergies or live in pollution-heavy areas then you know what I mean. If not, keep reading as I explain.
Unclean air can have a significant impact on our health. Pollutants in the air can have a negative impact on our lungs and we’re usually not even aware it’s happening. Dry air can make us feel stuffy, groggy, and plugged up. Living in an area with low humidity, often you find yourself waking up in the middle of the night with a throat drier than the Sahara desert.
That’s why air purifier and humidifier machines have become so commonplace. They have become essential for anyone trying to keep the air in their home crisp with moisture and free of pollutants.
Here are a few reasons why you should buy a 2-in-1 air purifier and humidifier:
- Air purification keeps the air in your home clean – a good thing for you and your lungs.
- The humidifier will keep the environment at optimal humidity. Removing any feelings of stuffiness, dryness, or grogginess.
- You’re saving plenty of important floor space in your house.
- Saving money on your electricity bill by using only one machine instead of two!
When you buy an air purifier and humidifier combo machine, you’ll be kicking yourself asking “Why didn’t I do this sooner?!”
The only dilemma is you might not know which is right for you, that’s why I’m here to help!
I’ve compiled a list of the best air purifier and humidifier machines in 2021. This is the most up to date list you’ll find, with a product recommendation for everyone’s situation!
For each product on this list, you’ll read an in-depth review about their:
- Notable Features
- Pros & Cons
Now let’s get to what you’re here for!
- #1 – Best Air Purifier and Humidifier Combo – Dreval D-950 HEPA
- #2 – Sharp KC-850U Plasmacluster Air Purifier & Humidifier
- #3 – Venta Airwasher 2-in-1 LW25
- #4 – Oreck WK15500B Air Refresh Humidifier and Air Purifier – Best Budget Air Purifier and Humidifier Combo
- #5 – Boneco 2-in-1 W200 Humidifier & Air Washer
- #6 – Envion Four Seasons 200 – Best Multi-Purpose Humidifier and Air Purifier Combo
- #7 – Klarstein Monaco
Best Air Purifier and Humidifier Combo Product Comparison TableClick the product name to skip to that section!
|Product Name||Weight||Coverage||Warranty||Does it have a HEPA Filter?|
|#1 - Dreval D-950 HEPA||14.5 lbs||430 sq ft||2 years||Yes|
|#2 - Sharp KC-850U Plasmacluster Air Purifier & Humidifier||20 lbs||254 sq ft||1 year||Yes|
|#3 - Venta Airwasher 2-in-1 LW25||8.5 lbs||400 sq ft||10 years||No|
|#4 - Oreck WK15500B Air Refresh Humidifer and Air Purifier||15 lbs||115 sq ft||2 years||Yes|
|#5 - Boneco 2-in-1 W200 Humidifier & Air Washer||10.8 lbs||540 sq ft||5 years||No|
|#6 - Envion Four Seasons 200||10.1 lbs||N/A||1 year||Yes|
|#7 - Klarstein Monaco||8 lbs||430 sq ft||1 year||No|
#1 – Best Air Purifier and Humidifier Combo – Dreval D-950 HEPA
Weight: 14.5 lbs.
Coverage: 430 sq ft.
Warranty: 2 years.
The very best air purifier and humidifier combo machine on this list is the Dreval D-950 HEPA. With its many helpful features & its extensive filtration process, you’ll be hard-pressed to find something that can match this.
7 Stage Air Filtration Process
The first feature setting this machine apart from the others on this list is the 7 Stage Air Filter & Humidifier. The 7 components of this filter are:
- Cold Catalyst Filter – Turns dangerous household gasses (Ex. Formaldehyde & Ammonia) into water and CO2, making them easier to break down and remove.
- Cellular Activated Carbon Filter – Absorbs odors and collects large particles from the air with a 98% absorption rate!
- Antimicrobial Filter – With a capture rate of anything as small as 5 microns and an antimicrobial rate of 99%, this filter uses antimicrobial agents to remove harmful airborne bacteria.
- HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Absorption) Filter – A certified HEPA filter to capture 99.97% of all harmful airborne particles larger than 0.03 microns.
- UV Germicidal Lamp – Using a 245nm wavelength, this UV light kills bacteria, eliminates odors, and prevents the spreading of viruses and bacteria through the air
- Intelligent Odor Sensor Control System – This purifier determines the breathing quality of your air at any time and indicates its quality with a 3 color system – Red for poor, Orange for normal, and Green for excellent!
- Humidifier – Lastly the humidifier helps maintain a healthy humidity level in the room and emits healthy mist into the air to improve air quality.
That’s a lot of reading though, here’s a nice & large picture explanation of it from Dreval themselves:
As you can see, the Dreval D-950 utilizes top of the line technology to keep your house breathable and fresh.
One of the features that make this Dreval D-950 HEPA the best 2 in 1 air purifier and humidifier is the UV light! This feature can be turned off/on whenever you feel like it. The bulb for the UV sterilizing light needs replacing every year or two based on your usage.
The D-950 has an optional Negative Ion Generator that releases negative ions into the air for freshening purposes as well. The negative ions help breakdown odors in the air making them easier for the purifier to get rid of them.
Dreval D-950 Noise Levels
The Dreval D-950 HEPA has 3 different fan speeds and noise levels.
- High – 55dB
- Medium – 30dB
- Low – 18dB
The Low setting is very quiet and would most likely not interfere with your sleep. The Dreval D-950 is also equipped with a Sleep mode. Once selected the Dreval D-950 will use the lowest fan speed and the LED control panel will go into a night theme.
Other notable features that are included in the Dreval D-950 HEPA are:
- Remote Control included.
- Can add Aroma oil into the reservoir for a great smell around the house.
- Low energy consumption.
Pros & Cons
|- 7 Stage air filtration ensures clean air|
- Remote control included
- Compatible with aroma oils
- Low energy consumption
- 2 year warranty
|- Small reservoir |
- Premium pricing
#2 – Sharp KC-850U Plasmacluster Air Purifier & Humidifier
Coverage: 254 sq ft.
Warranty: 1 year.
If you’re not convinced about the Dreval D-850, the Sharp KC-850U is a great second choice for the best humidifier and air purifier combo, They both provide many of the same functions with only minor differences. The KC-850U is an excellent “set and forget” air purifier humidifier combo. The 3 built-in sensors combined with the 3 stage filter help monitor and maintain fresh air within your home.
3 Stage Filter
- Pre-Filter – Gets rid of the easiest, largest particles.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Deals with odors and other large particles.
- HEPA Filter – Gets rid of 99.97% of harmful airborne particles. Can remove particles as small as 0.3 microns.
The good news is that the Carbon & Pre-Filter are washable, so no need to worry about constant replacement filter costs! An added bonus is that this machine will let you know when it’s time to clean the filters! The Activated Carbon filter only needs to be changed every 5 years. The HEPA filter needs a replacement every 9-12 months because it does the most filtering.
The KC-850U has 3 sensors that constantly check and control the air quality and humidity in the room. Those 3 sensors are:
- Air Quality
This humidifier & air purifier combo is excellent if you like to let it do its own thing while you sit back and relax!
The Sharp KC-850U also has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for you to select your settings. Another benefit of the KC-850U is that the device is Energy Star certified for its energy-efficient operation. This humidifier and air purifier combo is also covered under a 1-year warranty by Sharp.
Pros & Cons
|- Washable filters help save you money |
- Great "set and forget" machine with automatic controls
- Multiple sensors ensure the best air quality
- Energy star certified
|- No remote control |
- Premium pricing
- Air intake done from back, for best results move away from wall if possible
#3 – Venta Airwasher 2-in-1 LW25
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Coverage: 400 sq ft.
Warranty: 10 Years!
The Venta Airwasher LW25 is an excellent model that fits perfectly for mid-sized homes, nothing too small or too big. This machine is quite lightweight as well so you can move the Airwasher wherever you need. The Venta Airwasher is quite a unique humidifier & air purifier combo because of its filterless air purification technology.
Filterless Air Purification Technology
The Venta Airwasher 2-in-1 LW25 uses disks and water instead of the more common filters found in humidifiers and air purifiers today. This is a great plus since you can forget about cleaning filters and the filter replacement costs! If you’re wondering how these disks can purify air here’s a peek into the process.
- The disks draw in dry air to separate particles and dust.
- Since these disks are constantly moving in and out of the water, the impurities in the air end up getting emptied into the device’s water tank.
- In exchange, the Venta Airwasher evaporates pure water that will freshen and moisten the air.
- Clean, moisturized air gets released into your surroundings! 🙂
This process helps raise the humidity levels as well as your air quality. The Venta Airwasher has a water tank refill light as well to help you keep tabs on when you need to refill the 2 gallon capacity tank.
Venta LW25 Airwasher Sound Levels
The Venta Airwasher is a quiet humidifier & air purifier, even in its highest setting. The noise levels of this machine are:
- 22dB (Low)
- 34dB (Medium)
- 44dB (High)
There is also a silent mode which makes the Venta stay on its lowest settings.
The only negatives I’ve seen from the Venta Airwasher LW25 is that it can be a pain to clean, which is unfortunate because it suggests weekly cleaning for the disk filters. There is also the fact that because it uses the disk filter it isn’t able to catch and filter out as many particles as a HEPA filter would. Lastly, there have been some reports of mineral buildup occurring over time. The good news is if you are routinely cleaning the disk filters this problem goes away with ease!
Pros & Cons
|- Lightweight machine, can move it where need be without much trouble|
- No filters so no filter replacement costs
- Refill light for when you're low
|- Hard to clean |
- No HEPA filter
- Possibility of mineral buildup over time (This doesn't happen if you clean it weekly!)
#4 – Oreck WK15500B Air Refresh Humidifier and Air Purifier – Best Budget Air Purifier and Humidifier Combo
Weight: 15 lbs.
Coverage: 115 sq ft.
Warranty: 2 years.
With a sleek and minimalist look and its 115 square foot coverage, the Oreck Air Refresh is an excellent model that fits perfectly in any modern style room!
The Oreck Air Refresh lets you choose how you’d like to let your machine run. You can choose to have both the humidifier and air purifier on, or only one feature if you need it. The Oreck will accommodate to your situation, and with its silence technology ensuring it makes almost no noise, you won’t even remember it’s there!
- Activated Carbon Filter – Takes care of odors and collects large particles from the air. (Needs to be replaced every 3 months.)
- HEPA Filter – Deals with allergens, mold spores, bacteria, and smaller particles. Captures and removes 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. (Needs to be replaced every 9-12 months.)
Pretty standard filtration here, nothing that exceeds expectations like Dreval D-850’s filtration system. This unit has a good enough filter system that will take care of most bacteria in the air. The filter is washable so that’s always an added bonus!
The Oreck Air Refresh has 3 fan settings – low, medium, and high. The lowest setting will produce a very small white noise. Unfortunately, on its highest setting, it can be quite noisy.
With the humidifier and its functions, the Oreck becomes quite a functional unit for its size.
The Oreck Air Refresh has two features that make their humidifier worth purchasing.
The first is the Ultrasonic Humidification which releases a cool mist to increase the indoor humidity.
The second goes hand in hand with the first. This Oreck unit has a humidity thermostat that auto-shuts off when you have reached a designated humidity level. This is convenient as once you have reached your preferred humidity level you won’t have to worry about constantly maintaining it.
The Oreck Air refresh is a fairly low power consumption unit as well. All of this is covered by a great 2-year warranty
The only annoying problem I found with the Oreck WK15500B air purifier and humidifier is that cleaning the entire machine can be tedious. This is because the drain is on the bottom of the unit where the water comes out, so when you’re washing out the drain you’ll need to do it over a tub or bucket to let the water drain out.
NOTE: When using for the first time, you might notice a chemical smell for a few hours. This “break-in” smell is normal for such units. You should only begin to worry if the smell hasn’t gone away after a full day of usage.
Pros & Cons
|- Gorgeous minimalist design|
- Silence technology keeps the machine quiet
- Humidity thermostat that self-regulates
|- Noisy on top fan speed |
- Smaller area of coverage
- Cleaning the unit can be tedious
- "Breaking in" smell
#5 – Boneco 2-in-1 W200 Humidifier & Air Washer
Weight: 10.8 lbs.
Coverage: 540 sq ft.
Warranty: 5 years.
The Boneco W200 has quite a unique way of raising humidity and purifying the air.
The core functions of this machine all come from the evaporative mat inside the humidifier & air washer. This evaporator mat is washable in the dishwasher, which is a nice plus as it’s a cost-friendly alternative to buying replacement filters. You also get to be a little more eco-friendly too just by washing the mat instead of throwing out used filters!
If you’re like me, you’re super curious about how the Boneco W200 is able to purify and humidify the air with a simple evaporator mat. Well, try and contain your excitement as Boneco has a simple image that explains the process of how their W200 works!
The Boneco W200 has two performance modes, one for day and the other for the night. When this device is on it will produce anywhere from 30-44 dbA of noise. The sound production of this machine depends on the operating mode it’s in.
The same applies to this unit’s power consumption. With a low power consumption that is anywhere from 12.2 to 22.8 W, again depending on the performance mode it’s in.
The humidity output of this humidifier and air purifier combo is 350 grams per hour or 2.2 gallons per day. This is a great humidity rate and it helps that the size of this machine’s water base is equally as good. The maximum capacity for this Boneco humidifier & air washer is 4.5 liters.
Water Base Refill
Boneco added a nifty feature in regard to the water base as well. When the base is empty the W200 will automatically shut off, saving you from unnecessary power consumption. Besides the auto shut off, the LED light will go on to let you know the base needs refilling.
But wait, it gets better.
There’s no hassle when you need to refill the water base. You can fill it while it’s still inside the humidifier. That’s right, a direct filling hole right to the water base. How much more convenient can it get than that?
The cherry on top with this humidifier & air purifier from Boneco is that you can add your own essential oils to the machine’s fragrance container. A nice touch to keep your house smelling fresh and full of your favorite fragrance.
If all of the things I’ve listed (You did read all this juicy info didn’t you?) wasn’t convincing enough for you, the Boneco W200 is also backed by a long-lasting 5-year warranty. The second-longest out of all the machines here on this list for best humidifier air purifier combo.
Pros & Cons
|- Evaporative mat gets rid of filter replacement costs|
- Mat is dishwasher cleanable
- Large water base & easy refill process
- Compatible with your favorite essential oils!
- 5 year warranty!
|- High price point |
- No HEPA filter
#6 – Envion Four Seasons 200 – Best Multi-Purpose Humidifier and Air Purifier Combo
Weight: 10.1 lbs.
Warranty: 1 year.
The Envion FS200 (FS standing for Four Seasons) is a great humidifier & air purifier combo because of its 4 multi-functional roles (listed below). Having one machine do something that would normally take 3-4 machines helps save you precious space in your house and makes this single FS200 usable all year round!
Hmm, I wonder why Envion named this the Four Seasons 200?
With it’s 3 independent control settings that allow you to customize the operations of this machine, the FS200 can accommodate any of your needs. (Except maybe a million dollars)
Operating Through All Four Seasons
The Envion FS200 has 4 different roles that can all be used simultaneously, making it usable and convenient all year round. This machine is much more than average, it has:
- Air Purifier – For all your air filtration needs. This air purifier does contain a HEPA filter so it is quite efficient, capturing 99.97% of all airborne particles larger than 0.01 micron. Also removing mold, dust, viruses, smoke, and other contaminants in the air.
- Humidifier – A simple and easy humidifier, with an LED indicator to let you know when the water level is low as well as a final sensor to announce when you’re completely out of water. This device will automatically turn off once out of water, making sure to not waste any unnecessary power.
- Fan – A circular airflow fan that cools rooms quickly and also operates independently from both the humidifier and air purifier. It’ll help keep you as cool as you like in the summer with its 3 different speeds and can be used alongside any other of this machine’s functions.
- Heater – This 1500 watt heater will definitely have the power to be keeping you warm when you need it in the cold winter months.
What really makes this machine for me is this:
It’s not just a do-everything machine, it’s a do-everything well machine.
It’s hard to find a machine that is this convenient and able to cover so many different functions all while being exceptionally good at it. It has a HEPA filter when you need air purification, it has a circular airflow fan for immediate cooling down, and it has the 1500W heater for staying toasty in the winter! This machine is incredible and hard to match if you’re looking for something that can do even more than 2 tasks.
If you need to save space in your house and can’t be having a bunch of different machines for each little thing, or just want a device that can do it all, I would DEFINITELY recommend you pick up the Envion Four Seasons 200. This air purifier and heater AND humidifier combo is an excellent machine that will not disappoint.
Pros & Cons
|- Usable and useful all year round!|
- Heater is a big convenience in the winter
|- No remote control |
- Filter changes
#7 – Klarstein Monaco
Weight: 8 lbs.
Coverage: 430 sq ft.
Warranty: 1 year.
The Klarstein Monaco is an aesthetically pleasing, futuristic-looking humidifier & air purifier combo with some innovative features to match its look. The Monaco is available in either a pure white or sleek black.
The Monaco boasts a large 1.6 gallon/6 liter water tank, allowing this machine to run for up to 8 hours. A double-sided benefit with this water tank is that it is surrounded by transparent plastic, letting you see for yourself when the water tank is getting empty. Since the plastic tank will match the color of your choice of model, the tank won’t be too ugly to look at either!
This machine also contains a blue LED light inside the see-through water tank that you may turn on to create nice atmospheric lighting bursting from your Monaco. That’s not the only LED light on this machine though…
LED Display & Remote
The Klarstein Monaco has an easy to understand LED display on it as well as an easy to use remote to control it for when you’re not close by, maybe because you’re exhausted laying in bed after a long day, or maybe because you’re just lazy. (Don’t worry your secrets safe with us, we won’t judge!) This LED screen lets you see your area’s current humidity levels.
The LED screen also comes with a timer feature on it. This lets you set up a specific duration for how long you want your Monaco from Klarstein to humidify the air. A convenient feature that saves you brain space and money!
Silent & Sanitary
Utilizing ultrasound technology, the Klarstein Monaco is able to operate at an extremely low noise level. It won’t be disturbing you in your sleep or distracting you while you’re doing your work.
This machine contains an antibacterial filter that filters against dust, bacteria, fungi, etc., making sure none gets out into your healthy air or builds inside your water tank. A big plus is this filter is washable and reusable, saving you money from buying replacement filters. The antibacterial filter needs washing once a month. Be sure to follow this advice so you can avoid any nasty problems!
In addition to the filter, the Klarstein Monaco has an Ionizing Unit that produces ozone gas into your air. This ozone gas reacts with odor-binding molecules and will break them down, effectively removing them from the air. This ionizer creates fresher, healthier air for you to enjoy.
However, there is a small drawback with ozone gas production:
If you didn’t know, unnecessary overexposure to ozone gas can cause damage to the lungs and possibly impact your overall health. Symptoms of overexposure to ozone are the following: Chest pain, coughing, throat irritation, and shortness of breath.
To avoid any problems, it is suggested to leave the Ionizer on for only an hour maximum. This maximizes its ability to break down odors while minimizing any potential negative impact on your lungs & health in general.
Pros & Cons
|- Large tank allows for long run time|
- Transparent water tank so you can see when you need to refill!
- Simple LED display
- Remote control
- Filter is washable and reusable
|- Overexposure to Ozone gas can cause bodily harm (Less of a product con but still a con) |
- No HEPA filter